Yesterday, I scrolled upon bullet journals while wasting my time on Pinterest, and I stumbled onto a concept called “Level 10 Goals”.
As those of you that follow my blog know I have committed to a few lifestyle changes as we welcomed 2016. Unfortunately, I have had a hard time keeping up with my own challenge. I seek excuses that allow me to skip or push the task onto the next day, and the habit becomes so reoccurring that I end up going weeks on end not sticking to my goal! I ultimately tell myself “I have the whole year to do this, I’ll catch up eventually” but in reality I am stopping myself from developing these habits and my character.
Hence, I have decided to evaluate myself using “Level 10 Goals”. I started with listing 10 categories which encompass my life, I then wrote a short description on how I can further enhance the categories into my life, and I finally made a pie chart with a rating scale of 1-10, 10 being greatly satisfied. And I colored in my satisfaction ratings of each category, and I will actively update it every month!
Here is a break down of my categories and how I would like to develop them:
- Family and Friends
- Connect with new friends (ideally around my age and similar gender)
- Stay in touch with old friends (text frequently, and dine occasionally)
- Plan family nights on the weekend ( at least twice a month)
- Personal Development
- Daily reading (at least 20 pages)
- Practice and Enhance my French
- Blog at least once a week (Sunday is a promise)!
- Morning Meditation (5 minutes on weekday, 10 minutes on weekend)
- Translate/Read religious material (emphasis on Vedic culture) every evening!
- No more useless spending on pens and school supplies!
- Focus on what I really NEED (think before buying)
- Career and Academics
- Enter a career where i’m changing the lives of others
- Study and receive grades related to my intellectual ability
- Enter Graduate School
- Fun and Recreation
- Indulge in Dance and Choreography, record more, maybe post online?
- Daily me time (no phone or electronics for at least 30 minutes)
- Volunteer/ devote time to stranger monthly (at least 4 time a month)
- Physical Environment
- Clean and maintain bedroom
- Health and Fitness
- Yoga (at gym) at minimum 2 times a week
- 5k Training
- Walk Mahi (my dog) daily
- EAT CLEAN—LIMIT STARCHY FOODS
- Emotional Life
- Control anger and tears
- Avoid negative energy and thoughts (spread positive energy and thoughts)!
- Limit my desire to vent to my best friend- less I get bothered, the less I vent
I inserted the quote:
” The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but building the new” ~Socrates
Reminding me that even though I have failed several times, it’s never too late to keep on trying and starting all over!
Here’s how I rated each category (as of today). Hopefully I can increase my satisfaction throughout the months!
- Family and Friends: 2/10 because I have struggled with making and keeping friends my age without any conflict or discrepancies between lifestyles.
- Personal Development: 4/10 because I occasionally keep up with my goal, but not daily.
- Spirituality: 0/10 because I lack in efforts to develop my cultural understanding.
- Finances: 5/10 because I have cut down on my useless spending by a lot, but I still have a lot of work to do in regards to control!
- Career and Academics: 3/10 because I have finally learned how I study, but I’m still far from my ultimate goal. I have finally planned out the next 2 years academically!
- Fun and Recreation: 0/10 because I do not pursue my passion of dance, even though I really want to, I have been having a difficult time implementing it. I also don’t provide myself “me” time without technology unless I’m napping.
- Giving and Contribution: 1/10 since I do donate money occasionally to organizations, and use the charity miles app when i’m walking to donate to a different cause. But I want to focus on helping others more hands-on rather than money.
- Physical Environment: 0/10… let’s just say my bedroom is a mess, and I need organize and clean my clothes.
- Health and Fitness: 2/10 since I still do yoga on a daily basis, but I’m not doing a rigorous practice.
- Emotional Life: 4/10 since I have been working on controlling my emotions for quite some time now, but I know I still have A LOT of progress left. This may be the most challenging aspect of my life because it determines my mood for everything else.
I really hope this journal idea really helps me integrate these changes into my life, as well as keep track of my progress. Tracking the process may be a motivating factor as well! Along with this, I am also doing a 30 day grateful challenge! More about that at the end of the 30 days!